Tuesday, 11 February 2014
Valentines Day Cooking
So now that it is valentines day is just round the corner I thought i would create a few recipes and a special post which will be posted on the 14th (Valentines day) So i am going to
get you in the mood with a baking recipe and a drink recipe. These recipes can be baked for your boyfriend/girlfriend or yourself and friends. Enjoy!
Sweet Valentine Cupcakes
Now really this recipe is a basic cupcake mix but you can add in whatever decorations, food colouringand sprinkles you like to make this. But seeings as it it valentines this is my suggestion to make easy sweet valentines cupcakes!
150g Butter (softened or melted in the microwave for a few seconds)
150g Sugar (Caster sugar would also work well)
150g self raising flour
3 eggs beaten
Pink or red food coloring (optional but for a valentines feel add it in!)
125g Icing Sugar
2tsp Rosewater or food coloring (optional)
It's your choice! But i used...
Pink chocolate chips
Sugar paper hearts and flowers
12 Cupcake cases
1) Preheat the oven to 180c Or Fan 160c Gas mark 4
2) Cream the butter and sugar together until creamy
.3) Add in your beaten egg to the mix
4) Then gradually add in the flour
5) when finished mixing add in you food coloring, chocolate....
6) Place 12 cupcake cases on a tray, spoon the mixture in!
7) Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden!
8) Leave to cool, or the icing will run off !
1) Add in the butter and then gradually add your icing sugar into the mix,
2) keep mixing until a frosting constancy!
3) Add in again what ever you like (rosewater, food coloring)
4) Spoon or pipe onto the cakes when the cakes are cool.
5) Add on your decorations!
Pink Love Smoothies
Per One or two servings:
1/2 to 1 Banana
150g to 200g Raspberry's (Frozen are great too as they add in extra thickness!)
4tbs Natural Yogurt or Semi- Skimmed Milk (to eye as you might want more or less, or just until it
covers the fruit!)
1) Add your fruit into your blender
2) Cover the fruit with Yogurt or milk
3) Add the honey
4) Blend for a minute or two (It depends on taste!)
5) Pour into a glass and add a straw!
6) If you like a whipping cream on top and sprinkles!
So there were some quick and easy valentines day recipes that will hopefully get you in the spirit or if not there will be some D.I.Y.S, and a special post on valentines day!
Bethany Howe x
Posted by Unknown at 13:12