We all get that feeling when you get home from a stressful day and you just feel like the weight is on your shoulders. We all get that feeling. So help you achieve a relaxing night where you can wind down just follow these simple steps. Easy.
1) When you are trying to relax you don't want your phone buzzing and ringing so put it down and switch it to silent. That was simple, wasn't it?
2) The most important thing you can do to wind down is a relaxing bath/shower. Run your favorite bubble bath under the tap and just watch the bubbles appear. If your feeling even more luxurious get yourself down to lush and grab a bath bomb or bubble bath. Pronto.
3) Whist your bath is running put a face mask on. My top picks for face masks are clay masks, mud masks, peel off masks or mousse masks. If you want go all out and put some cucumber slices on your eyes. They could count as one of your five-a-days!
4) After your bubble bath you need to clean your hair. It relaxes you even more! Use a gentle shampoo followed by a hair mask, leave it in for ten to twenty minutes and rinse out. Whist your hair is drying spray some leave in conditioner in your hair and brush it out. The leave in conditioner I am using at the moment is the Aussie Hair Insurance Leave In Conditioner.
5) Once you have got out of the bathroom go into your room and instead of having harsh lighting opt for soft lighting. Fairy lights would be a good idea!
6) Instead of being glued to any form of technology get yourself a good book, but if your not so keen on books play some relaxing music.
7) Now it's all very well lighting a candle but most of them are pretty expensive! At the moment I am loving flame less candles, calming and relaxing without the hassle!
8) When we go to sleep we all have to admit that we think about all the stresses and worry's. That won't help you get a successful night's sleep. Instead write down all your stresses and worry's on a piece of paper. Trust me, it really helps!
9) Some of you may know this but I love tea. Any type of tea and i'm straight there! Try getting a decaf tea as caffeine will not help you wind down. I love my spiced apple and chamomile tea, or maple and chamomile. But what I have recently purchased is decaffeinated Chai Tea.
10) The final step is to research a pillow mist to help you drift to sleep. I really like the look of the This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray. I have had a lot of recommendations.
So there is my ten steps to help you wind down, I hope this post has helped you wind down from a stressful day! See you tomorrow!
Bethany Howe x